Academic Support Resources
Pioneer Library - Utah's online library collection
Typing Pal - Online keyboarding resource for grades 2-8. Students have their user name and passwords. Contact your child's teacher if they do not know their log in information.
Utah Compose - Online writing program for grades 3-8. Students have their user name and passwords. Contact your child's teacher if they do not know their log in information.
Lexia Reading - Online reading program to increase fluency and comprehension.
Our school is using Lexia Reading® Core5®, a computer-based program to build reading skills. The program can be used at home for extra practice. Getting started is easy!
1. For use on a computer, go to www.lexiacore5.com.
• You can create a bookmark or favorite for this web address.
• Adobe Flash Player is required to run this program. If you do not already have it, you will see a link to download Adobe Flash Player.
• If you have a slow Internet connection or cannot install Adobe Flash Player, go to www.lexialearning.com, click Downloads at the top of the page and follow the directions to install the program on your computer.
2. For use on an iPad or iPad mini, download the free Lexia Reading Core5 app from the App store.
3. For use with an Android tablet, download the free Lexia Reading Core5 app from the Google Play store. Note that the app is not available for Kindle.
4. The first time your child uses Core5, you will need to help set up. To do this, enter the teacher email you see below.
5. Your child can then log in using the student username and password (below). This is the same username and password used at school.
- Teacher Email (for set up) - teacher's last email@example.com
- Student Username: First 3 letters of first name and the entire last name
- Student Password: read
7. It is important your child works without any help while using Core5. All of the work your child does at home is recorded and reported to school.
This means I can see when help is needed and provide additional instruction at school. If you need more help getting started, go to www.lexialearning.com and click Support. Thank you for helping your child practice reading!
Think Through Math - Online mathematics program to increase individual student's math skills. Students have their user name and passwords. Contact your child's teacher if they do not know how to log in.
Khan Academy - Online tutoring program
Spalding Phonograms - Video demonstrating Spalding phonogram sounds
Kindergarten Readiness Flyer
Baby's Development Flyer
What is Dyslexia?
Mrs. Orton - Kindergarten
Mrs. Chester - First Grade
Mrs. Bunker - Fourth Grade
Mrs. Menssen- Second Grade
Mrs. Neider- Third Grade
Mrs. Siebert- Fourth Grade
Mrs. Short- Fifth Grade and Mrs. Short's Blog
Mrs. Ballard- Sixth Grade
Mr. Thompson- Seventh Grade
Miss Looney - Music
Mrs. Decker - Library/CTE
Mrs. Rogers - Special Education