John Hancock Charter School believes that parental involvement is critical to a child's overall success. As a result, we request 40 volunteer hours per year per family and 20 hours a year for single parents. Volunteer options vary according to the needs of the school, teacher and the skills and talents of the parents.
Some sample ideas of ways to volunteer:
● Visit www.trackitforward.com and view volunteer events that are listed.
● Look for opportunities in emails from Mrs. Adamic or your child’s teacher.
● Join the PTO or offer to help on a committee
● Substitute teach (background check required).
● Drive or assist on field trips (background check required).
● Help in the library (contact Mrs. Huff firstname.lastname@example.org).
● Watch another parent’s children while they volunteer.
Once you’ve volunteered, remember to log your hours! They should be logged online at www.trackitforward.com, or through the widget on this page. There is also a TrackItForward app that makes it easier than ever to track your hours.