John Hancock Charter School believes that parental involvement is critical to a child's overall success. As a result, we request 40 volunteer hours per year per family and 20 hours a year for single parents. Volunteer options vary according to the needs of the school, teacher and the skills and talents of the parents.
Here are few examples of volunteer opportunities to get you started:
● Log into www.trackitforward.com to view volunteer opportunities.
● Watch your email! Mrs Adamic/your child’s teacher will send out sign ups for chances to volunteer.
● Help as a committee member on the PTO.
● Offer to substitute teach (background check required).
● Drive or assist on field trips (background check required).
● Help in the library (contact Mrs. Huff firstname.lastname@example.org).
● Watch another parent’s children while they volunteer.
Once you’ve volunteered, remember to log your hours! They should be logged online at www.trackitforward.com, or through the widget on this page. There is also a TrackItForward app that makes it easier than ever to track your hours.